Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I purchased a multi-unit property in 2016. I live in part and rent out part. How can I enter personal and rental information?

Even though I selected multi-unit property, the software is asking for how many days were rented and how many days I lived in the property and will not allow the total to exceed 365 days.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

I purchased a multi-unit property in 2016. I live in part and rent out part. How can I enter personal and rental information?

The question regarding personal use days and rental days is referring to the rental portion of the property.  It is not asking about the portion of the building that you use as your personal residence. 

If there were any days that you used the rental portion of the property for personal reasons (such as a time that it was rented at less than a fair rental value), then those days would be entered as personal days. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

The question regarding personal use days and rental days is referring to the rental portion of the property.  It is not asking about the portion of the building that you use as your personal residence. 

If there were any days that you used the rental portion of the property for personal reasons (such as a time that it was rented at less than a fair rental value), then those days would be entered as personal days. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies