Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I own a rental in Utah and live in GA - I purchased both GA/UT. TTax does not give me any options for a UT Rental even though I paid for TurboTax Premier. What do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

I own a rental in Utah and live in GA - I purchased both GA/UT. TTax does not give me any options for a UT Rental even though I paid for TurboTax Premier. What do I do?

You only have to enter the information for the UT property on your federal return.  TurboTax will transfer all of your federal information to each state.  Then after you complete the federal return, you will go through both state returns and make any needed adjustments.  But you don't enter any property directly on any state return.  All of the state information gets transferred from the federal return.  And TurboTax does this in the background.  

After you complete the federal, do the UT nonresident state return before you do your resident GA return.  This way, TurboTax can apply any tax you may pay in UT as a credit on your GA return.  More info is here - 

Where (on my federal return) do I enter income and expenses from a rental property?   There is a link included in this article that has instructions on filing the nonresident return (UT) if you need it.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies