Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

s-sifford
Returning Member

I own a primary home, second home, and a third home which is an investment rental. For the state of Arkansas, is mortgage interest deductible for all 3 properties?

Turbo Tax is including the mortgage interest for all 3 on the state return, but the Arkansas instructions indicate that only the interest on the first 2 is deductible.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I own a primary home, second home, and a third home which is an investment rental. For the state of Arkansas, is mortgage interest deductible for all 3 properties?

you can deduct interest on your first home and your second home.

You get to choose which one is your second home.

Carl
Level 15

The rental property is reported on SCH E, and there are no limits on SCH E. So you can claim interest for the primary residence and 2nd home on SCH A. The rental property would not be reported on SCH A at all, assuming the property was classified as a rental for the entire tax year, or since you purchased it, if acquired in 2021.

s-sifford
Returning Member

I understand how it is treated on the Federal return. It is the state of Arkansas that I don't think the software is handling correctly.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies