Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I OWN A CONDOMINIUM THAT i RENT OUT cAN i DEDUCT THE MAINTENANCE FEES AND OF SO WHERE?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SharonC1

I OWN A CONDOMINIUM THAT i RENT OUT cAN i DEDUCT THE MAINTENANCE FEES AND OF SO WHERE?

You can deduct the maintenance on IRS Schedule E - the same place you record the income from the rental property. When you enter rental income and expenses in TurboTax, the program will automatically create this schedule and file it with your tax return.

You can get to this section in TurboTax by typing Rental Expenses into the search bar.  TurboTax will provide a jump link for you to click and you will be taken to the location in TurboTax to enter all your rental income and expenses.  You will have to answer questions and progress through a few screens before you get to the page where you put the maintenance fees (they are considered repairs). 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SharonC1

You can deduct the maintenance on IRS Schedule E - the same place you record the income from the rental property. When you enter rental income and expenses in TurboTax, the program will automatically create this schedule and file it with your tax return.

You can get to this section in TurboTax by typing Rental Expenses into the search bar.  TurboTax will provide a jump link for you to click and you will be taken to the location in TurboTax to enter all your rental income and expenses.  You will have to answer questions and progress through a few screens before you get to the page where you put the maintenance fees (they are considered repairs). 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies