turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bheddell

I overlooked a 1099 from robinhood. A stock I had was sold through merger, so I had a $3.60 capital gain. Do I need to file an amendment for that small of an amount?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
anisa85

I overlooked a 1099 from robinhood. A stock I had was sold through merger, so I had a $3.60 capital gain. Do I need to file an amendment for that small of an amount?

Hi I lost $3500 from Robinhood Crypto.&I have one more account for my husband he lost $2500.Total lost $6000.I am control tow account.my Husbend don’t know i have lost $6000.my question how much I can get return from my tax filings.can I filling only crypto lost sapared. Thanks 

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

@bheddell

The IRS will probably consider the $3.60 capital gain a de minimus transaction, and process your return.  If they were to challenge it you would get an IRS letter CP2000.  That letter would describe the error, and calculate any tax due.  Since it will be under $1.00 I don't think they'll bother.

@bheddell

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do.  If you had a sale of a stock, regardless if it was a gain or a loss, you should post it to your tax return.  If you had a $6,000 loss you are limited to taking $3,000 this year.  The additional $3,000 will carry over to next year.

You can not post crypto losses on a separate tax return, but they do have their own area to post it.

1. Federal
  2. Wages & Income
  3. Select Stocks, Cryptocurrency, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other
  4. Did you sell any of these investments in 2021?  Yes
  5. Select Cryptocurrency
  6. Continue to follow the screens.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies