Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I lived in an apartment for 6 months then moved to another apartment for the last 6 months. Which address do I use to tally up the total rental amount for the year?

I moved from my old apartment in July. When I answer the question about rental payments for the year which landlord do I use?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DawnC
Expert Alumni

I lived in an apartment for 6 months then moved to another apartment for the last 6 months. Which address do I use to tally up the total rental amount for the year?

Do not enter rent you paid in the Federal Rental property section.   If you erroneously started entering a rental property, you will need to delete it.   Search for rentals, use the Jump to rentals link and delete that rental property - the federal section is for landlords that rent out property they own.

If you pay rent on your primary residence, you might be able to claim a state tax credit.   There is no federal renter’s tax credit.    Most of these credits depend on the owner of your building paying property taxes. If they don’t pay these taxes, you may not qualify.   Select your state from this link.  If your state isn't listed, a renter's credit isn't offered.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies