Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just sold a rental property in another state. Does Turbo Tax have all the info for me to fill out the tax reporting documents required to close on the house?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I just sold a rental property in another state. Does Turbo Tax have all the info for me to fill out the tax reporting documents required to close on the house?

Not sure what you would need from a tax return for the closing company ... however if they need to know what the profit is then you will need to calculate that figure and the online program cannot do that for you. 

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Are you asking if the TurboTax programs contain the forms to report the sale of your rental property?  If that is your question, TurboTax Premier or higher will include any IRS forms you need to report this sale.

Hopefully you've been reporting the income and depreciation each year as required for any rental property.   Those figures from last year's tax return will be essential to properly prepare your 2019 return in early 2020.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies