turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

andy92243

I have two rental properties. I am finished entering the first but can not find where to start the second. Where do I go to do this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

I have two rental properties. I am finished entering the first but can not find where to start the second. Where do I go to do this?

To go directly to the section of the tax return to enter information about a second rental property, use these steps:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “rental income and expenses” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to rental income and expenses
  • Click on the blue “Jump to rental income and expenses” link 

This will take to you to the correct section of your return.  Answer the first couple of questions that you see and proceed until you get to the Rental and Royalty Summary page.  Then, click the blue link toward the bottom left section of the screen that says Add another rental or royalty to get started with your second property.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

When you finish entering the first rental completely, you are returned to the "Rental and Royalty Summary" screen which will list the property you just entered. At the bottom of that screen is a button for "Add Another Rental or Royalty". So if you were not returned to that summary screen, you did not complete entering the first property. But more than likely, you did not scroll down on that summary screen which may have been necessary in order for you to see that "Add Another Rental or Royalty" button.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies