Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

OKITSME

I have been told i no longer need to file income taxes due to my age 64 and my taxable income is approx $7,000from rental income and $2,300 for interest where i financed some land. My only other income is ss and veteran benefits which are not taxable. can

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

I have been told i no longer need to file income taxes due to my age 64 and my taxable income is approx $7,000from rental income and $2,300 for interest where i financed some land. My only other income is ss and veteran benefits which are not taxable. can

No - You do not have to file a tax return for 2018, but not because you are 64.  There are no age exceptions for filing an income tax return. 

If your gross income is below $12,000 (since you are under age 65) you need to file a tax return. 

Your veterans benefits are not taxable; your Social Security isn't taxable as long as the income you mentioned is your only income.

Please see these FAQs for more information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

State filing requirements may be different.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies