vongunten25

I have a rental property in Missouri that I rented out 12 months, but with deductions did not have any income. I live in Oklahoma, do I need to file a Missouri return as well?

NicoleU

Per Missouri, "You do not have to file a Missouri return if you are not required to file a federal return. If you are required to file a federal return, you may not have to file a Missouri return if:

• you are a resident and have less than $1,200 of Missouri adjusted gross income;
  • you are a nonresident with less than $600 of Missouri income; or
  • your Missouri adjusted gross income is less than the amount of your standard deduction plus your personal exemption."

For more information, please click this Missouri Dept. of Revenue: http://dor.mo.gov/personal/nonresident/#filing

NicoleU