mmcclelland-laun

I have a laundry business out of my home. It operates on average 5 days/week. How do I determine my utility expenses for gas, electricity, water and sewage?

I also have an 1099 employee that helps me. Where do I deduct her earnings?

Same place ... in the Sch C interview it asks you specifically if you have 1099 contract labor and if you need to complete a 1099 form by 1/31 ... follow the interview screens carefully.  

May I also suggest, if this is your first Sch C, to upgrade to the LIVE option so you can get one on one instructions and a return review. 

Hal_Al

Q. "How do I determine my utility expenses for gas, electricity, water and sewage".

A. Pretty much a guess.  Try googling energy consumption rates for your equipment.

You can also claim depreciation on your equipment. For example if you use your washing machine 75% for business, you can write off 57% of the cost (or value at conversion to business use) as a business expense