Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

chinuai
Returning Member

I have a K1 with Net rental estate income loss. TT gives me a deduction but adds 'Sale of Business Property' for the same amount it gave me a deduction. Any suggestions?

My K1 has codes N, Z, AH in line 20(Part III of form 1065).
My K1 has Line 20AH 'Analysis of at risk versus not at risk liabilities', I am not sure how to enter this in TT.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I have a K1 with Net rental estate income loss. TT gives me a deduction but adds 'Sale of Business Property' for the same amount it gave me a deduction. Any suggestions?

There must be an input error based solely on the lines you mentioned in your post.

Were there any other lines on your K-1 that were populated with figures?

chinuai
Returning Member

My K1 has a distribution in line 13 with code K. This distribution is less than 5% of the loss in line 2, it is should have minimal effect.

In summary, K1 has the following lines

Line 2: Net rental estate loss

Line 13: Other deductions with code K

Line 20: with codes N, Z, AH

Understood, but did you indicate that you disposed of all (or part) of your interest?

chinuai
Returning Member

No, I did not. I just double checked again.

You might want to contact Support for troubleshooting this issue.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

chinuai
Returning Member

Thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies