Solved: I donated a rental property with a fmw of 50,000 to a church. How do I report this?

dupreezone4449

I donated a rental property with a fmw of 50,000 to a church. How do I report this?

LindaA

You generally must have any item that you donate to a charity for which you wish to claim $5,000 or more appraised. For more information, please see IRS Pub 561, Determining the Value of Donated Property.

To enter the real estate you donated to the church:

• Continue your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
  • Click My Account (top right of your screen).
  • Select Tools.
  • In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
  • In the search bar, type donations.
  • In the results box, highlight donations, then click GO.
  • You'll land on the Donations to Charity page. Click Yes.
  • Answer No to the ItsDeductible question.
  • Under Let's enter your donations one at a time, enter the name of the church, then click Add next to Items.
  • Click I'll value them when asked How do you want to value your donations?
  • Next, Enter the date you donated items to your charity and click Continue.
  • Under Choose a category for this donation, select Real property - not conservation property and click Continue.
  • Continue following the onscreen instructions to conclusion.

Note: If using the TurboTax CD/Download software, you'll use the Find function (instead of "My Account") to search for the topic.

LindaA

• Select Tools.
  • In the search bar, type donations.