Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cant find where i ask turbo tax to generate the depreciation for the assets associated with my rental property?

how do i make turbo ta calculate the depreciation expense on my rental property assets
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I cant find where i ask turbo tax to generate the depreciation for the assets associated with my rental property?

it should be automatic once sufficient info is entered.  look at the asset entry worksheets. current year depreciation should be shown.

if there's a pink or red box that info must be entered.

Carl
Level 15

The property itself, along with any other assets (like property improvements you paid for after originally purchasing the property) are listed in the assets/depreciation section. Just work through the SCH E section of the program and when you come to the screen for rental income, rental expenses, you'll also see a secton for "Assets/Depreciation". Elect to update that section and you "should" already see at least the property itself listed there. If it's not listed, then enter it there.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies