I cant find where i ask turbo tax to generate the depreciation for the assets associated with my rental property?

how do i make turbo ta calculate the depreciation expense on my rental property assets

it should be automatic once sufficient info is entered.  look at the asset entry worksheets. current year depreciation should be shown.

if there's a pink or red box that info must be entered.

Carl

The property itself, along with any other assets (like property improvements you paid for after originally purchasing the property) are listed in the assets/depreciation section. Just work through the SCH E section of the program and when you come to the screen for rental income, rental expenses, you'll also see a secton for "Assets/Depreciation". Elect to update that section and you "should" already see at least the property itself listed there. If it's not listed, then enter it there.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing