• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
foxtwo

I cannot get Turbo Tax to accept a 1099 MISC, for rent; it is a lease for oil mineral rights.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
view2

I cannot get Turbo Tax to accept a 1099 MISC, for rent; it is a lease for oil mineral rights.

Box 2 of Form 1099-MISC is reserved for tax reporting related to royalty payments.Part I of Schedule E (Form 1040){select royalty for this] Link to "investment"at the last screen of the 1099-misc section..

Box 1 of Form 1099-MISC is reserved for tax reporting related to rental payments.Part I of Schedule E (Form 1040)[select rental for this]  "select "Non business income from the rental of personal property or equipment.

Then go to the linked Schedule E to review

federal taxes/ wages & income

rental and royalties=start/update

Follow prompt.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
view2

Box 2 of Form 1099-MISC is reserved for tax reporting related to royalty payments.Part I of Schedule E (Form 1040){select royalty for this] Link to "investment"at the last screen of the 1099-misc section..

Box 1 of Form 1099-MISC is reserved for tax reporting related to rental payments.Part I of Schedule E (Form 1040)[select rental for this]  "select "Non business income from the rental of personal property or equipment.

Then go to the linked Schedule E to review

federal taxes/ wages & income

rental and royalties=start/update

Follow prompt.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v