trporter

How do you downloan stock transactions ?

LindaA

You may import your 1099-B (stock transactions) if your brokerage participates in the TurboTax Partner program.

• Open (continue) your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
  • Click My Account (top right of your screen).
  • Select Tools.
  • In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
  • In the search bar, type 1099-b.
  • In the results box, highlight 1099-b, then click GO.
  • You'll land on Did you sell any investments in 2016? Click Yes
  • Did you get a 1099-B or a brokerage statement for these sales? Click Yes.
  • Choose your bank or brokerage. Begin typing the name of your broker and select it in the drop-down box (or click a popular choice), then scroll down and click Continue. (Click the first screenshot below for reference.) 
  • Nice! We can go ahead and import your 1099-B now. (Click the second screenshot below.) Enter the information requested to access your account (user id and password). For security reasons, you'll need to click the box next to I'm not a robot and follow the instructions. Once there is a green check-mark next to "I'm not a robot", you may scroll down and click Continue to import the 1099-B.

Note: If using the TurboTax CD/Download software, you'll use the Find function (instead of "My Account") to search for the topic.

How do I import my 1099?  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3389470

LindaA

• Select Tools.
  • In the search bar, type 1099-b.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing