turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I report my stocks to the IRS if I dont receive a 1099 from robinhood?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Log on to your Robinhood online account and look for year end forms. In particular, 1099-B. Robinhood should have mailed/reported tax forms on 2/16/2021.

You may be able to import the tax forms directly into TurboTax. See Where do I enter 1099-B? 

Form 1099-B (Proceeds from Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions) reports the sale of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other securities. 

• When you sell stock, the money you make is taxed as capital gains. How much you’re taxed depends on a few things, but the length of time that you owned your stock is the biggest differentiator. Click here for additional information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

They have not mailed me or posted in the Tax documents section my 1099 but did tons of trades in the past year. I cannot contact them as they dont have a phone number and will not respond to any emails.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

According to Common Tax Questions on the Robinhood website:  "You'll only receive a 1099 tax document from Robinhood if the proceeds from dividends exceed $10, the value of referral stock grants exceed $600, or you sell a position. If you don't meet any of these criteria, you will not receive a 1099."

Do keep in mind that the Postal Service has been overwhelmed, so if you're waiting for a mailed 1099-B, expect delays.  

If you cannot access your 1099-B, perhaps you can access a list of your 2020 transactions. This way you can enter the information in  your return that would normally be listed on he 1099-B.

Robinhood has posted the following article: How to Upload Your Form 1099 to TurboTax

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies