deaton35

How do I file an out of state tax return for royalty income only. Do I have to include my California resident income or just the royalty income?

DavidD66

Are you wanting to add a non-resident state to your existing TurboTax Federal tax return, or are you wanting to file just a state tax return by itself?

deaton35

I am filing in california as that is where I live.  I purchased WV state from turbo tax as my husband received gas royalties that are over $5,000. The questions on the WV return are asking about our california income.  I don't understand why.

MayaD

TurboTax will ask you, item by item, in the state section, how much of your other income is WV  income. Enter 0 on your non resident WV return for all types of income other than the royalty income.