turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I see the details/specifics each 1099 behind the short-term and long-term capital gains I entered on my Schedule D?

I need to provide information which supports the total Capital Gains on my income tax return
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

How can I see the details/specifics each 1099 behind the short-term and long-term capital gains I entered on my Schedule D?

@ schoettler1 wrote:
I need to provide information which supports the total Capital Gains on my income tax return

What are you doing?  Is this a 2020 return?   Have you already filed your return, or is it still in preparation?

"I need to provide information which supports the total Capital Gains..."

For what purpose?   Did you already file a 2020 return and received a letter from the IRS asking for more info?

We can tell you how to get a copy of the return with all the worksheets, including 1099 worksheets.

detail trades are shown on form 8949. in Turbotax the input is through 1099-B worksheet.

you have to tell the forum what 1099 Box Categories you reported and whether you are responding to an IRS letter, or else why would you post this question.

Hal_Al
Level 15

The broker usually provides the details in an attachment to the 1099-B; but they are not required to do so.  So, the "details" are in your own records (broker confirmations of the transactions at the time of the sale). 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies