turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8949 is Missing Line Items that Exist in Imported Data (and Step-By-Step UI)

Problem:  Many items are missing from form 8949

Detail:  Many line items are missing from form 8949 (short-term, box A), however ALL of the line items (stock trades) exist in the turbotax step-by-step user interface.  All Schedule D items imported correctly (from mutliple instutions).  I confirmed all items and detail in the Turbotax step-by-step interface for each institution and each account.  All detail exists in the step-by-step, but go to the forms 8949, many line items are missing.  I have been using turbotax for years, importing items for rather long 8949 form and never had a problem matching every item to the printed 1099B from the broker/institution.  Every item on my 1099Bs should match an item on 8949.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Form 8949 is Missing Line Items that Exist in Imported Data (and Step-By-Step UI)

I think TurboTax has changed its processing rules for 8949 but I  don't have TurboTax 2019 to verify that.

Check to see if the unlisted transactions are category A or D with no adjustments.

Then check to see if the Schedule D Line 1a and 1b add up to the totals on your consolidated 1099-B.

That was exactly it.   It reported summaries (for one account only) - category A summary in schedule D 1a and category D summary in 8a.  Thank you for the quick response.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies