Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

amacol

Form 8938 / Part III

I have an account with a foreign bank due to stock options awarded by my company traded in France.   I filed the FBAR last year but this year the value of the account has hit the tipping point to require I file the 8938.   I'm confused what I need to report in Part III.   I have two accounts there, a deposit account that holds dividends from the second account, a security account holding the vested stocks.   I did not sell any stocks myself in 2023 from this account, so I don't believe there is any gains that have to be reported from that this year. 

I have three questions.   

1.  In part III do I need to report the dividends under the Deposit account or the security account (I did also add the bank under my income and entered the amount under "1099-DIV" for this as well)? 

2.  The deposit/cash account shows transactions from where they sold stocks after vesting to pay taxes (a credit and then a corresponding debit)- do those credits and debits have to be reported, even though they are already accounted for on my W2? 

3.  The vested stocks that were added to the securities account are also reported on my W2 as income already, do I also have to report them in PART III on the 8938 as well? 

Thank you! 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies