Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8582 Worksheet 1, column (c) Unallowed loss (prior years). What happens if I sold a property that year?

I was reviewing a previous year tax return and I am now double-checking if TurboTax calculated something incorrectly.

What goes in Form 8582 Worksheet 1, column (c) Unallowed loss (prior years), if I sold a property that year?

Is it the value from Form 8582, worksheet 5, column (c) Unallowed Loss from the previous year, or is it the Schedule E passive suspended loss from the previous year?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Form 8582 Worksheet 1, column (c) Unallowed loss (prior years). What happens if I sold a property that year?

I will page @Mike9241. Please check back later.

don't know what year is involved or the form the activity was reported on. However, in tests i did for 2022 and 2023, if fully disposed (i used a k-1 - business entity and a k-1 real estate entity) in a fully taxable transaction, with property entry, current and prior suspended losses are no longer treated as passive in year of disposition and no longer appear on form 8582.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies