Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Final K-1, Foreclosure Sale and Treatment of Disposition of Partnership Interest

I have a K-1 for an LLC where the property had been chronically underperforming for years.  I was told prior to disposition that "the lender indicated that they would be pursuing foreclosure and placing the property into receivership. Since then, they have put a receiver in place and listed the asset for sale." The property has since been sold, with the sponsor reporting that "the foreclosure sale of the property has occurred. The property was sold for $4.56M, well below the loan amount of $6.3M, leaving no equity to be recaptured." The K-1 is marked final.  There are figures included in boxes 9a and 10.  In connection with disposition of partnership interest, TurboTax is indicating that I need to provide information regarding property disposition, specifically the sales price and basis.  The sales price is obvious, other than if I put in the entire amount or my ratable share.  Is the basis figure the outstanding loan amount?  If not, then what do I use?  Anything less than the sales amount will trigger tax liability.  Or maybe I made an input error generating this request for information?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Final K-1, Foreclosure Sale and Treatment of Disposition of Partnership Interest

Please check back later. I will page Champ @Rick19744.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies