Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Fair Rental Price question please?

Hello,

I am working on my tax return and stuck with this question, hopefully someone can help me out. I wanted to make sure I do it correctly. I am at Fair Rental Price question, the website explains the rent when people charge is not a fair rental price if it's substantially less than the rents charged for other properties that are similar to your property in your area. I assumed in other word, it's lower than then the rental market? When I checked, it showed that our house would rent it out for around $2100+, but I only rented to this Veteran family for $1800, which I feel it's necessary. So,  the question is...I should select "No" to the question "During the time the property was a rental, was it always rented at a fair rental price? If I select "No" I have 2 options, "Days rented at a fair rental price (between 0 and 365). "Personal use during year (between 0 and 364". Hope someone could help me out with this.  Thanks so much in advance.

kt

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
KarenJ2
Expert Alumni

Fair Rental Price question please?

Response to if my rental is less than fair market value what can I do

Please see the above TurboTax response.  As you are renting it for a profit,  you should enter the rental income and expenses in the rental section of TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies