Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bsirvine
Returning Member

Exasperating problems with foreign stock dividend processing (Form 1116 and worksheets)!!!!!!

This is the 4th year I have had SERIOUS problems with the Turbotax Premier (Desktop) edition software.  I CANNOT CLEAR ERRORS WRT my reporting of dividends on foreign stocks.  I go into "Forms" (after correctly completing the "step by step" process to report them).  The software is VERY buggy WRT reporting of foreign taxes through Form 1116 and its' worksheets!  I need to communicate with a human at Turbotax!  I am getting NO satisfaction from Turbotax support! 

Please respond ASAP.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Exasperating problems with foreign stock dividend processing (Form 1116 and worksheets)!!!!!!

Have you done the following:

In Forms Mode, the left pane will have red verticle lines on forms that contain errors.
When clicking on the red error button at the top, a box in the right pane will appear stating the form and the nature of the error. The form itself will also appear and any errors will be highlighted in red and the specific cell will be highlighted in blue. After making the correction, clicking on the down arrow at the right will cause the next error to be highlighted. After completion, clicking on the red error button will remove the box.

bsirvine
Returning Member

Rogge1722:

Thanks for getting back to me.  Are you a TT employee?

It is going to take some time to retrace my steps and give you a reply that will be useful for you to figure out where I went wrong (if in fact I did).

Here's some preliminary facts that will give you some clue as to what I'm facing:

1.  I was in the final check before efile.

2.  I got 7 errors I have to clear before I can continue.

3.  All the errors involve foreign dividends.

4.  I have only 1 independent stock that is foreign.  The reminder of my foreign stock is within a brokerage account whose results I imported into my 2023 TT Premier (desktop).  I am dealing with dividends from 13 entities (foreign countries and one "various").  These 13 entities include 54 issues of a foreign dividend. Foreign divs are in the low 5 figures.  Foreign tax paid on these divs is a low 4 fig number.

After I study my situation further I'll once more reply to you.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

To look at this in detail, we would like to see a diagnostic copy of your return. The information in this file is a sanitized copy meaning there is no personal information, only numbers so that we can troubleshoot in depth, check for calculation issues, and to see how certain items are applied. Here is how to order. 

For Turbo Tax online, go to tax tools>tools>share my file with agent.  When this is selected, you will receive a token number.  Respond back in this thread and tell us what that token number is. 

If you use the desktop version, go to the black stripe at the top of the program>online>send tax file to agent. Once you receive the token number, reply back in this thread and let us know what that token number is.

@bsirvine 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies