Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aberebit

Efiling return with 1099-B transactions

I am trying to efile the TurboTax via desktop version and it will not allow me to efile without attaching copy of 1099B.  I don't understand why attachment required?    Can't figure out how to attach pdf.   Can I attach to Desktop version?

Would it not be required in the online version?    Filed in 2022 with no attachment

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

You cannot attach tax reporting forms or statements (e.g., 1099-Bs) to TurboTax for e-filing.

aberebit

I efiled in the past inputting 1099B information.   Not sure why it will not let me efile even though all 1099B information is reported to IRS?

aberebit

When trying to efile it says "We can't e-file your return because we are unable to locate the attachment at /attachment/Form 8949Exception Reporting Statement-4.pdf.   Please go back and re-attach it"   Not sure what this means and what can be done

did you enter summary transactions that appear on lines other than 1a and or 8a of schedule D?

then the IRS wants to see the details of each trade. PDFs cannot be attached to an e-filed return. Thus, what's required is to complete form 8453 (Turbotax should have done this for you) and mail it with the 1099-B following Turbotax mailing instructions for this form.  use a tracking service. 

if this is not your situation, then contact support

5am-5pm Pacific Time (8-8 Eastern) Monday - Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

800-446-8848

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies