Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Download TAX Data from Fidelity fails (again)

I am having the same problem I had with TT importing data from Fidelity, as I did last year.

I don’t know what TT did to make it work last year, but it finally worked right before the 15th.

1. It worked perfectly with my Schwab account, but not Fidelity.
  2. I have several Fidelity accounts and they are all in my name.
  3. I tried turning off the popup blocker.
  4. I tried logging into to Fidelity ahead of time.
  5. Tried a different browser

When I click to download the data, a little window opens up for me to log into Fidelity. Then it finds the data and I get this message: Success! We got your tax data. You can now return to TurboTax!

But when I go back to TT, it is still asking for me to click continue or skip. Again, the Schwab import was flawless.

There are too much data to populate manually. Still far less than whatever the limit is.

I am using Windows 10 Pro with the desktop version, and TurboTax basic.

I hope this can be fixed before I scream like a little gurl.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Okay, for those who experience the same problem, here is the solution. 

Make your Microsoft Edge the default browser. Afterwards you can put it back where ever you want it.

I'm in the identical situation - just like last year.  Why can't TurboTax get their act together????  I'm really getting pissed off, and will find a different tax software supplier next year.  TWO YEARS IN A ROW????? What's wrong with these people????

I did a manual update as described, separately downloading the update, but I still get the same response when I try to download my Fidelity data.  Do TurboTax engineers not think there are thousands of users who invest with Fidelity?

MIRACULOUS!!!

After setting my default browser to Microsoft Edge, as recommended, Fidelity data imported with no problem.  TURBOTAX SHOULD REPLY TO ALL PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT FIDELITY IMPORT AND INFORM THEM OF THIS FIX.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies