Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TR0525

Depreciation

I have duplicates on the Depreciation Report printed from Turbo Tax and I have an asset that is on the Depreciation Report but not showing on the list of assets.  Why? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Carl
Level 15

Depreciation

I assume you are looking at the IRS Form 4562 titled "Depreciation & Amortization Report" that prints in landscape format, and not the one titled "Alternative Minimum Tax Depreciation Report".

It's important that you look at the same form from your 2018 tax return. Are any of the same assets duplicated on the 2018 form 4562 also? If so, this could be a major issue.

It would also matter if the rental property had major losses due to destruction (natural disaster, fire, etc.) in 2018 or 2019. That might be why you see duplicate entries. Is the 2019 depreciation amount the same on both entries?

Carl
Level 15

Depreciation

not showing on the list of assets.

Look at the bottom of the 4562 and see if it's listed there as an amortized cost, as opposed to a capitalized asset. Generally, amortized cost, such as loan acquisition fees are entered in the assets/depreciation section. But they're entered as an amortized cost. So that would be on the 4562 titled "Depreciation and Amortization Report" only. It won't be listed on the AMT Depreciation report.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies