Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Delete capital gains loss carryover

turbo tax is making me get the premium account to acknowledge a capital gains loss carryover. the loss carryover does not benefit my return and I want to delete it from this filing, but turbo tax won't give me access to do that without getting the premium account. I think - is there a way to remove the carryover loss with just the basic account?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Delete capital gains loss carryover

See my reply to your other question about deleting the capital loss carryover. If you have further questions, please continue the discussion in the other thread. When information is scattered in multiple threads it's confusing and hard to follow, and hard to see the whole picture.

You don't really want to delete the capital loss carryover. If you did that, you would lose the carryover completely. As I said in the other thread, you cannot skip a year and choose to use the capital loss carryover next year.

It might be less expensive to use the CD/Download Desktop TurboTax software instead of TurboTax Online. There is an extra charge to e-file your state tax return, but you could use the Basic or Deluxe edition. All of the Desktop editions have all of the forms. The only difference is the amount of detail and guidance in the interview.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies