Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Capital Loss Caryforward not showing up in 2022

In 2021, i had a Capital Loss Carryforward "Worksheet" printout that showed in Line 13,  a "Long Term Capital Loss Forward to 2022, of $ 11,957 - i am beginning to input 2022 stuff, but not stock stuff yet, but i notice when i print "all forms", there is NO Capital Loss Carryforward "Worksheet" printout at all?  I was hoping it would simply state Carry Forward loss of 11,957, Minus 2022 "(3,000) for a simple 2022 Carryforward of 8,957..simlpe math ! Why dont i see a Carryforward Loss Worksheet even though i have not input 2022 stuff yet ? Thanks ! Mike

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

When looking at your 2022 forms and worksheets, look for one called Capital Loss Carryover Worksheet.  

The 'carryforward' worksheet from 2021 is used to populate the 'carryover' worksheet showing amounts that were carried over from the prior year.  Then, if there are any amounts that need to go to your 2023 return, they will be entered in a 'carryforward' worksheet in the 2022 return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

When looking at your 2022 forms and worksheets, look for one called Capital Loss Carryover Worksheet.  

The 'carryforward' worksheet from 2021 is used to populate the 'carryover' worksheet showing amounts that were carried over from the prior year.  Then, if there are any amounts that need to go to your 2023 return, they will be entered in a 'carryforward' worksheet in the 2022 return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies