james1everett

Can the investment intrest section to ask me for my election of how I want to treat qualified dividends and cap gains to maximize deduction? I have tried for hours.

IsabellaG

I see another question like this, where the customer wound up using a download/cd version of TurboTax and making the election directly on Form 4952. Another work-around for this would be to not enter your dividends as qualified, which would result in you being able to maximize your investment interest deduction.

IsabellaG

james1everett

Thank you it is pretty dissapointing this is a known issue that you guys haven't programmed a correction for.  It coukld be costing your customers a significant amount of money if they are not catching it.
IsabellaG

I will pass this information along.
wlh

using TurboTax Premier and following the above directions, I don't get a screen that allows me to "make a capital gain election"....the only workaround I can figure is to deduct the necessary amount from the qualified dividends number
fanfare

to tale advantage of form 4952, you have to know what you are doing.