Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CA non-resident, have rental property in CA, confused on CA filing on 1099 amount vs. net loss amount?

CA non res... have CA Rental property... CA state Tax question:  CA Schedule E Step 17 asking about profits or Loss from rental royalties.  1099 misc lists RENTS, then have a CA 529 B showing CA tax withheld, then have Turbo Tax listing my net operating loss (which I can't use on Federal due to overall income).  Do I enter the RENTS amount, RENTS minus tax withheld, or net operating loss on step 17?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
pk
Level 15
Level 15

CA non-resident, have rental property in CA, confused on CA filing on 1099 amount vs. net loss amount?

Your rental income reporting is done on federal schedule-E -- when you go to do the  CA return , this should have been copied over -- not doing that?

Which state are you a resident of ?

If it did, I must have deleted it and it never re-populated... I'm resident of FL, property in CA.
pk
Level 15
Level 15

Since you are in windows, you can go to forms mode and delete the CA return. and then go back to step-by-step, start a new State return --- now it should bring over the data from the federal.
Note that because your address is shown as FL,  TurboTax may not download any State -- so you have coax it into asking for CA download
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies