turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Brokerage firm not listed in 1099B

Prudential is not part of the brokerage firms when I tried to enter my information for the 1099B.  I chose "My bank/brokerage isn't here," then typed in Prudential in "Name of Financial Institution."  However, after I press the "Continue" button, it keeps asking me to change the name or account number & doesn't advance to the section where I can enter my sales.

How can I enter information for brokerage firms that are not listed in TurboTax?

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I see prudential (for retirement info) and prudential mutual funds 

nothing else and I see no info about Pru offering brokerage services.  so if you have neither a retirement a/c nor mutual funds, I suggest you call the number that appears on the statements you have.  some companies do not partner with Turbotax so import is not possible.

i

Sorry, I meant Prudential Mutual Funds.  It was not listed in TurboTax in the 1099B section.  In the dropdown box, I only saw American Funds, Charles Schwab, ETrade, Fidelity, Morgan Stanley, ScottTrade, Td Ameritrade, Vanguard, Wells Fargo; no Prudential.  Where did you see Prudential?

Also, I wasn't trying to import the statement.  I was trying to add the information manually but TurboTax doesn't let me advance to the Sales section after I manually added Prudential.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies