• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soiceap
Level 1

As a newTravel agent, where do I claim the intial Inteletravel registration& marketing fee to join vs. monthly Inteletravel fee and marketing fee?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
soiceap
Level 1

As a newTravel agent, where do I claim the intial Inteletravel registration& marketing fee to join vs. monthly Inteletravel fee and marketing fee?

Yes. So the initial registration fee should not be under start up cost?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Are you self-employed? You can include them as a miscellaneous expense, since they do not have their own category.

soiceap
Level 1

Yes. So the initial registration fee should not be under start up cost?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Technically, the fee would be a startup cost if it was incurred before you were open for business. Since you can write off start up costs totaling $5,000 or less, it won't make a difference on your tax return where you put it if you don't exceed the start-up cost maximum expense allowance. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v