Am I able to report part of my real estate taxes f...

Am I able to report part of my real estate taxes for the home I live in and part of my home is rented out to others? If so how much am I able to report?

Do you report rental income on your return?

Yes I do report the rental income

You can deduct as a rental expense the part of the home mortgage interest and real estate taxes attributable to the rental portion of your home.

If you rent out 20% of your home, based on square footage, you can deduct 20% of those expenses.

When you enter the rental property, TurboTax will ask if it is part of your home, and walk you through the entries.

@Twa