Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

xxrich

1099-misc confused. It's additional income with expenses - but no trigger to enter expenses can be found

So entering a 1099-misc is for a fitness instructor.  Historically many business expenses have been deductible against that entry.  But in 2018 TT says after entering the 1099, "thanks - see income and expenses for more".  Which is friendly and fine, but I see nothing in deductions to correlate to this.  Only the 1099-misc in income exists. What to do??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieR
Expert Alumni

1099-misc confused. It's additional income with expenses - but no trigger to enter expenses can be found

Since you are using TurboTax Deluxe (Windows) I would recommend you switch your view from Step-By-Step for Forms view (Ctrl+2).  You can then Open Form (Schedule C) and easily enter your expenses directly onto the form. (see screenshot below)

Please comment if you need additional help with this. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
xxrich

Actually, you're wrong.  I figured it out.
JulieR
Expert Alumni

Since you are using TurboTax Deluxe (Windows) I would recommend you switch your view from Step-By-Step for Forms view (Ctrl+2).  You can then Open Form (Schedule C) and easily enter your expenses directly onto the form. (see screenshot below)

Please comment if you need additional help with this. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies