The Microsoft .NET Framework helps software developers create applications quickly, efficiently, and with less code clutter. TurboTax for Windows relies heavily on the .NET Framework, so it's crucial that your .NET system files are up-to-date and functional.
TurboTax for Windows 2017 and 2018 require .NET Framework 4.5.2.
- Windows 10 comes with .NET Framework 4.6.
- Windows 8 comes with .NET 4.5, with automatic updates.
If you encounter errors or other problems with .NET, download and run Microsoft's .NET Framework Repair Tool.
If that doesn't resolve your issue, run the System File Checker and then open Control Panel and choose Programs and Files. Open .NET Framework 4 and select Repair.
If the issue persists, download and install .NET Framework 4 from Microsoft's site.
If you receive a 4- or 5-digit Windows Installer error, we have specific help articles for your situation.
- 1327: Windows Installer cannot write to the specified drive
- 1334: Error Installing C:Program FilesCommon FilesIntuitTurboTax
- 1335: Cabinet file is corrupt
- 1601: Windows Installer service could not be accessed.
- 1603: Fatal error during installation.
- 1618: Another installation is already in progress.
- 2203: Unexpected error installing package
If you're not experiencing a specific error, here's some general help articles that might be useful.
- Running the Windows System File Checker
- TurboTax for Windows error: "We can't install TurboTax on your computer just yet..."
- Error: ".NET Framework Verification Tool can't be found" when installing or uninstalling TurboTax for Windows
- Error 1603: "A fatal error occurred during installation or updating"