If you have trouble downloading your TurboTax for Mac federal or state programs, follow all of the following steps, and then try downloading again after completing each one.
If your wireless connection is interrupted or isn't working, you won't be able to successfully e-file, update, and/or download TurboTax.
For this reason, we recommend using a wired, broadband connection with your TurboTax CD/Download software.
Here's a few things you can do if you're having problems e-filing, updating, or downloading TurboTax on a wireless connection:
- (Recommended) Switch to a wired connection, if one is available.
- Open a new Internet browser session and try visiting sites that you haven't visited for a while.
- If you can't access other sites, try restarting your wireless router.
- If you're still having problems, power down your computer, your router, and your modem, in that order. Wait a minute or two, then power up your modem. Wait another minute, then power up your router and then your computer.
- Try connecting to the Internet through your web browser. If you can't, check your Internet connection.
- Temporarily turn off your firewall and virus-detection software as well as any other program that connects to the Internet, such as email or web browsers.
- Remember to turn your security software back on after downloading is complete.
- Allow cookies and pop-up windows.
- Dial-ups: Disable or turn off any download accelerators before downloading.
- Check your router if you use one.