Follow these steps below to reinstall TurboTax. Your tax file is not affected by reinstalling.
- On the Windows taskbar, select Start, and then select Control Panel. (In Windows 8, access the Control Panel from the Power User menu, which is opened by simultaneously pressing the WIN and X keys.)
- Windows 8/7/Vista/10: Select Uninstall a Program. Windows XP: Open Add or Remove Programs.
- Scroll to TurboTax, select it, and then select the Remove, Change, or Uninstall button.
- Follow the on-screen steps to uninstall TurboTax. (For additional help with uninstalling, see this article.)
- Restart your computer.
- Install your TurboTax CD or download. (If you're installing from the CD, leave it in the CD drive during installation.)
- Update TurboTax.