Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I retrieve my completed 2023 return?

Hello everyone. 

I already filed my 2023 return and saved it on my laptop, I used Turbo Tab Delux.  I was attempting to file amendment due to receiving 1098-e but then changed my mind as it wasn't making any difference.  When I started the amendment, it looks like the amendment file overrode my completed 2023 return even though I hadn't "saved".  When I closed and relaunched Turbo Tax, I'm not finding any of the data I had entered on my 2023 filing.  It's like I need to enter the data all over again.  

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
HollyP
Employee Tax Expert

When you open TurboTax Deluxe for Windows on your laptop, you should see a page that says Continue with your 2023 Tax Return. You should see your files listed there if you saved both the original and the amendment. If you don't see both files, then it is likely that you selected 'save' instead of 'save as' when you prepared your amendment, thus overwriting the original file. In this case you will need to delete the amended Form 1040X to return your return to its original state. Follow these instructions: How do I cancel or undo an amended return in TurboTax Desktop?

You can also select the blue link, 'find a tax file' ‌to double-check, and see all the Tax Files (.tax2023) are on your computer. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies