turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't finalize due to Looks like you're not quite finished with Health Insurance

Looks like you're not quite finished with Health Insurance

I had health insurance in the first part of the year from the marketplace and then later from medicaid. I entered the portion from the marketplace (1095-A form) and left the months I wasn't covered by the marketplace blank. I also saw that I did not have to enter information about my medicaid coverage. After finishing this portion, it asked me to upgrade my account which I declined at this time.

When I tried to finalize my tax return, I got the above-mentioned message and it takes me back to the health insurance page. What do I need to do to get passed this?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies

Can't finalize due to Looks like you're not quite finished with Health Insurance

just answer the questions on the heath insurance screens using the step x step method; same thing happened to me. 

I've tried! I answered everything after being taken back to my health insurance category and it still gives me the same message despite filling in as much as I could (which was the same stuff that I filled in previously)

same thing happened to me! it still won't work. i think it's because i upgraded the first time, then realized i didn't need to upgrade. i "cleared and started over" twice and it still won't work. 

The same thing is happening to me. I have searched everywhere I can think to try to figure out how to get past this issue, but it won't let me move to the next screen. I want to call and speak with someone, but the only way to do that (as far as I can tell) is to pay $30 to upgrade. That doesn't seem right, though, because this seems like a technical glitch rather than a situation requiring expert advice on tax filing. Help us, TurboTax! Please.

it's still happening to me and wouldn't work for a friend of mine either. she didn't even attempt to sign up for the premium package either. will be using H&R Block instead.

UPDATE: i went back through and my glitch is directly related to having healthcare.gov insurance. i clicked "i had insurance all year" section, but not with healthcare.gov and it let me proceed-- HOWEVER that's not my case so they really need to resolve this! 

OMG I have the same issue and none of the three options go anywhere! I've been trying to file my **bleep** 2015 taxes for freakin four years and I don't have my documents anymore, and can't get new ones, I have the info saved in a .tax file with TurboTax. First, it wouldn't let me file online because it made me buy the wrong version. I got a refund and told them to send me the CD. So then my laptop broke and I bought a new CD drive and it didn't work so finally I get my hands on another laptop with a CD drive and low and behold again the **bleep** program won't move past health insurance, it doesn't matter what option I choose. I'd love to just go waste another $400 on tax prep (after spending $300 trying to get it done with TurboTax unsuccessfully) but like I said, I don't have the docs anymore and it's all saved in a TurboTax file and I'm about to throw this **bleep** CD out the window and I will never use TT again. Been getting my taxes done professionally and it's worth it. This POS software online and on CD is just not working. I am so mad!!!

So I just hand copied all of my documents out of TT's file and will be taking it to Jackson-Hewitt and NEVER will I use TT again. The online version is terrible, and the CD gets stuck at healthcare, and it's not worth the headache. Byebye TT.

Before you go to Jackson- Hewitt....

Unless you filed for an extension, the window to obtain a refund from 2015 taxes expired on April 15, 2019

So if you were due a refund, you will not receive it... if you owe, you still owe

Refunds and owed taxes are completely irrelevant to my issue. Apparently you didn't read my post. Let me repeat.

My issue is TurboTax software both online and the CD do not work, and I CANNOT FILE MY TAXES WITH THE STUPID SOFTWARE.

I am going to JH - been using them for years now since this fiasco. 

yes, I read your post closely - I am trying to save you $$$$$$

if you are trying to file 2015 taxes, you are due a refund and did not request an extension, then paying Jackson-Hewitt to do your taxes is a WASTE of money because they can NO LONGER BE FILED - it's too late! 

2015 taxes must be filed by April 15, 2019 to obtain a refund (assuming you did not request an extension back in 2015).  any refund stays with the US Treasury.

on the other hand, if you owe money from 2015 taxes, you still owe it. 

Dude I don't know what planet you're from, but in the U.S. you MUST file your taxes every year even if you are not owed a refund unless you're exempt from filing. Whether I am owed a refund or not, I am still legally required to file a return! Even if I was owed a refund, and won't get it, the tax return MUST BE FILED. That is the law.

The ability to get a refund or not has no bearing on whether or not former years of tax returns must be filed. All tax returns must be filed, period. You're misinformed.

You don't know my tax situation, and there are people who do get penalized for not filing even when they don't owe. Please don't mislead people by making general statements without knowing my tax situation. I hope nobody reads this and thinks they don't have to file. Please don't take this person's advice as legitimate, because it could bite you in the butt.

Here's a quote even from TurboTax's website that contradicts what you say:

"The IRS has restrictive guidelines for determining who needs to file, which means even if you don't owe, you may still have to submit a tax return."

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/irs-tax-return/do-i-have-to-file-a-tax-return-if-i-dont-owe-tax...

I appreciate that you want to save me money but it's too late for that. I have to file my taxes, and the POS software from TT isn't working and I can't get a refund for that, and so I have no other choice but to go to my usual tax prep company Jackson-Hewitt.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies