Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GG66
Level 1

What happens if a marketplace 1095A Statement is not corrected by the tax deadline?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Jackstar221
Employee Tax Expert

What happens if a marketplace 1095A Statement is not corrected by the tax deadline?

Hi,

Here is an IRS link that provides some questions and answers regarding what happens if you 1095-A is not accurate, and you have not received the corrected form yet:

IRS Health Insurance Marketplace statements 

You need to inform the state or federal marketplace from which you have coverage. The marketplace will likely need to send you a corrected Form 1095-A.

Once you receive a corrected or voided Form 1095-A, you will likely need to amend your tax return.  

Here are some TurboTax steps regarding how to amend your tax return:

TurboTax: How to File an Amended Tax Return with the IRS 

GG66
Level 1

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your response to my question. I have contacted the Health Insurance Marketplace via correspondence in July 2024 and informed them that it was incorrect as my spouse passed away last year.  I was told it could take 45 days to issue a correct 1095A. Sounds like I am punished for someone else mistakes. I also have to fill out another tax form 8962 to file as the name listed on the 1095-A Statement is spelled incorrect.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies