Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

W4P

Hello! Need to fill out W4P for the pension we started for 2024. How do I calculate the monthly Fed Withholding?  (I realize I will need to double the monthly amount as we are already half way through 2024 with no withholding and then I will have to submit a new W4P for 2025.) Thank you.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Cindy4
Employee Tax Expert

W4P

Have you tried using our withholding calculator?

You can skip the part about W-2 earnings and just enter your pension amounts.  The W-4P is very similar to the W-4 so the results you get will guide you to which amounts to enter in which boxes.

Hope this helps!

Cindy

**Please say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post
***Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on the "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Cindy4
Employee Tax Expert

W4P

Have you tried using our withholding calculator?

You can skip the part about W-2 earnings and just enter your pension amounts.  The W-4P is very similar to the W-4 so the results you get will guide you to which amounts to enter in which boxes.

Hope this helps!

Cindy

**Please say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post
***Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on the "Mark as Best Answer"

W4P

Hi Cindy4, Just tried the calculator and I have other questions. I will call in later and talk to someone when I have more time than I do today. Thank you for your assistance!! Have a great day! Leanne

W4P

Great! I'll try again! Thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies