Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Two full time jobs

Good afternoon. I currently have a full time job making $18.25 and will start another job at $18 also full time.  I wanted to know what I needed to do or put on my W4 so I make sure I’m paying enough taxes throughout the year and not having to pay back at the end of the year.   

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
chines2
Employee Tax Expert

Two full time jobs

Thank you for the question.   We have a W-4 calculator tool that you might find helpful for determining the best withholding scenario for your situation.  You can find the tool here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
KNDavis
Employee Tax Expert

Two full time jobs

In addition to using the W-4 calculator mentioned by another responder, you'll want to prepare each W-4 knowing that you have two jobs. 

One option is to check the box in Step 2 on each employer's W-2 indicating you have two jobs.  This will adjust the standard deduction and tax brackets by half to account for the second job.  Since both jobs have similar pay, this option may work best for you.

Another option is to use the Multiple Jobs Worksheet to increase the federal withholding on the higher paying job.  

Thank you for participating in our Ask The Expert Event!

Sincerely,

Kimberly, CPA for over 30 years

@Chayan31 

Two full time jobs

I used the>>>> You can find the tool here

and I think where I’m having trouble is actually filling out the form on my jobs website.  It looks so different compared to what’s on IRS website.  

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Two full time jobs

I recommend completing the form using the link you have, and then printing the completed form.  The line items on your job website should be very similar as the W-4 form is the same for all employers.  If you are still having issues, you can also reach out to your employer's payroll department and see if you can submit a paper copy to them instead or ask for assistance entering the information with your employer.

@Chayan31 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies