Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ermi
Level 1

State withholding

I have filed my tax recently and got a refund from federal tax, however I have to pay more than 3400 for the state of Virginia. On the state tax form I couldn’t see my task withholding and it doesn’t show that it was deducted. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JulieS
Expert Alumni

State withholding

Yes, your Virginia state tax withholding should show on line 19a, and line 19b if a joint return, of your Form 760 tax return. 

If that line is blank and you did have some Virgina tax withheld, you can amend your state return to correct it. 

If you itemized on your federal return, you will want to amend it as well. Follow this link for federal and state amending instructions. 

If you only want to amend your state return, here's how to do that in TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account.
  2. Select Add State.
  3. Select State Taxes, then Your State Returns.
  4. Select Edit to the right of Virginia.
  5. On the screen, Your 2023 Virginia taxes are ready for us to check, select Edit to the right of Other situations.
  6. Select Start to the right of Amend a Tax Return.
  7. Answer the questions about your amended return until you get back to the screen Your 2023 Virginia taxes are ready for us to check.
  8. Select Wages & Income from the left-side menu.
  9. Select Edit/ Add to the right the forms you have that show Virginia state withholding. 
  10. Continue until you get the state tax withholding boxes and enter or correct the entries that are there. 
  11. Once all of your state tax withholding is entered, select Review, then Check my return. 
  12. Keep going until you e-file or print your amended return for mailing. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies