Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

In divorce agreement - my ex-husband legally agreed to shoulder “claw back” taxes from previous marital obligations. I need details on $150 CT State refund claw back

My husband reimbursed my 2023 $429 Federal tax refund. I am still owed $150 for tax refund. Where do I get garnishment details?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
KimberW
Employee Tax Expert

In divorce agreement - my ex-husband legally agreed to shoulder “claw back” taxes from previous marital obligations. I need details on $150 CT State refund claw back

You can get details of what your Connecticut refund was used for by contacting Connecticut's Department of Revenue Services during business hours at 860-297-5962. They should be able to tell you how the money was applied -- if it was applied to a Connecticut liability -- or if it was sent to the IRS.

If it was used to pay an IRS liability, you can reach out to the IRS at 800-829-1040 for details of what year and type of tax it was used to pay.

Any action to recoup the money from your ex-husband would be handled, most likely, under the terms of your divorce settlement and may require the involvement of your divorce attorney.

Thank you for participating in this event!
-- KimberW

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies