Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to answer question regarding health Insurance Coverage?

In the past all you had to do was state that you had medical coverage and you had a 1095-C form as proof.  This year when I tried to answer the question the Turbo Tax software required numbers from the 1095-C be inputted. Well my 1095-C and the others do not have any numbers no them. What should I do? Thank you for this forum and your assistance.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KNDavis
Employee Tax Expert

Hi Sistergirl66!

It sounds like you’re talking about the questions TurboTax asks you when you have Marketplace health insurance and Form 1095-A.  There are three versions of the 1095 form, with letter A, B or C.  Only the 1095-A needs to be entered in TurboTax for your Federal tax return. 

I recommend that you go back and double check what TurboTax is asking.  You are correct that you don’t need to enter information from the 1095-C. 

Also, keep in mind that while the Federal return doesn’t require that you have health insurance, certain states do have that requirement.  TurboTax will ask questions when you prepare your state return to ensure you meet each state’s requirements.

Thanks for participating in our Ask the Expert Event! 

Kimberly, CPA for over 30 years

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KNDavis
Employee Tax Expert

Hi Sistergirl66!

It sounds like you’re talking about the questions TurboTax asks you when you have Marketplace health insurance and Form 1095-A.  There are three versions of the 1095 form, with letter A, B or C.  Only the 1095-A needs to be entered in TurboTax for your Federal tax return. 

I recommend that you go back and double check what TurboTax is asking.  You are correct that you don’t need to enter information from the 1095-C. 

Also, keep in mind that while the Federal return doesn’t require that you have health insurance, certain states do have that requirement.  TurboTax will ask questions when you prepare your state return to ensure you meet each state’s requirements.

Thanks for participating in our Ask the Expert Event! 

Kimberly, CPA for over 30 years

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies