Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GA SUI Required for a single member LLC company that has filed for Sub S status with the IRS?

I recently created a single member LLC and filed form 2553 with the IRS to be classified as a Sub-S for tax purposes.   I am the founder and only employee of the company with no plans to expand.  In the state of Georgia, do I need to pay State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) assuming the IRS grants my request?   I have my payroll processed via ADP and this seems to be a grey area that requires the expert opinion of an accountant familiar with GA code.   Please provide info to back up your answer.   Thanks!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dev145
Employee Tax Expert

GA SUI Required for a single member LLC company that has filed for Sub S status with the IRS?

Hello G_Wheeler

In GA state, employers pays the cost of Unemployment Insurance. S-corp. is a separate entity and you will be the employee. So S-corp. will pay the SUI taxes. 

https://dol.georgia.gov/learn-about-unemployment-taxes-and-benefits#:~:text=In%20Georgia%2C%20employ....

Thanks for participating in TurboTax's Ask the Expert event today. I hope this information was helpful!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dev145
Employee Tax Expert

Hello G_Wheeler

In GA state, employers pays the cost of Unemployment Insurance. S-corp. is a separate entity and you will be the employee. So S-corp. will pay the SUI taxes. 

https://dol.georgia.gov/learn-about-unemployment-taxes-and-benefits#:~:text=In%20Georgia%2C%20employ....

Thanks for participating in TurboTax's Ask the Expert event today. I hope this information was helpful!

Thanks for the response and the supporting details!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies