Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

60 day letter

Hello I did my taxes on January 29th 2024 and filed on line. The Federal government accepted my returns on Jan 29th, 2024. It was an easy return and I didn't itemize anything it was simple as can be. I wait longer than 21 days for my refund to be direct deposited but instead I go a letter from the IRS on March 11, 2024 saying that they were reviewing my returns and could take up to 60 days. Well I still haven't got a refund or and other correspondence from the IRS. what is the deal with this. The number they say to call is all automated and can't talk to a person at all. Please help me understand what is taking so long. Thank you so much. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
RSUMan
Employee Tax Expert

60 day letter

The IRS has a program to do additional review of tax returns claiming te Earned Income Credit or the Child Tax Credit.  Unfortunately, you are stuck while they do the review.

If you are experiencing financial hardship as a result of not receiving your refund, I recommend reaching out to the Taxpayer Advocate Service.  These are IRS employees and they really work to resolve issues for taxpayers, especially when you are experiencing financial hardship.

You can find your nearest Taxpayer Advocate office here:

https://www.irs.gov/advocate/local-taxpayer-advocate

60 day letter

I didn't put anything on my tax return claiming earned income tax credit or child care credit.  Basically my tax returns have been the same easy form for the past 6 years. It was as simple tax return as can be.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies