Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2023 return

I filed my 2023 return and still haven’t received it yet. My last notice was in July and it’s been well over 190 days . How do I find a tax advocate in Alabama and move forward? They keep saying that I don’t need to do anything yet. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
SwapnaM
Employee Tax Expert

2023 return

When did you file your 2023 tax return? You can check your refund status at https://www.irs.gov/wheres-my-refund ? Did the IRS send you any Notice or Letter about the return? 

You can also contact Taxpayer advocate services in Alabama at https://www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/contact-us/#FindlocalTAS 

Hope this helps!!

@Sakaikelly Thanks for the question!!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

2023 return

I filed February 26,2023

I have been checking my return constantly and there has been no shift.

The last notice or letter was sent on July 11th.

There has been no statement if there is any specific paperwork or anything I need to submit. It said once again to wait 60 days I don’t need to do anything.

This is my first year filling and as the head of household, could that possibly be it?

The only 

2023 return

Only other thing I can think of is that my last job went belly up and possibly didn’t submit all the right information. Not long after.

BeckyLeeH
Employee Tax Expert

2023 return

The Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) is your voice at IRS.

https://www.irs.gov/advocate/the-taxpayer-advocate-service-is-your-voice-at-the-irs#:~:text=And%20ou....

The link above will help you understand how to contact Taxpayer Advocate Service.

Alabama has one TAS office, located in Birmingham.

SwapnaM
Employee Tax Expert

2023 return

@Sakaikelly Sorry to hear that you are still waiting for the refund & filed so early!!

It is just that the IRS requires more time to review the return, to verify your income, income tax withholding, tax credits and/or business income. Sometimes they would ask for an additional 60 days again. The IRS does not recommend calling them before the 60 days expire. 

If you are experiencing financial hardship as a result of not receiving your refund, I recommend reaching out to the Taxpayer Advocate Service. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies